Created by Chef Max Shapiro
This recipe makes a luscious side dish to serve with meat or a satisfying vegetarian entree, serve with a salad. This is an awesome side to a Thanksgiving meal.
- 2lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch sugar
- 1 cup (scant) of creme fraiche or sour cream ( light)
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- a few drops of chipotle sauce
- 8 oz fresh goat cheese, sliced
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan or
- Romano cheese
- Put potatoes in a pan of water with salt and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until they are half cooked.
- Combine the creme fraiche or sour cream with the stock, garlic, and chipotle sauce.
- Arrange half the potatoes in a casserole dish. Pour half of the cream mixture over the potatoes and cover with goat cheese. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella, then with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the cheese topping is lightly golden and has become crispy serve.