From Taste of Home
Here is a quick, easy and delicious rhubarb crisp. It took only minutes to prepare and not too long to
bake. All of the ingredients are household staples and the rhubarb is delightful this time of year! This
is a great dish to bring to a dinner party or throw in the oven to entertain!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups sliced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and apples or strawberries; toss to coat. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.