This is a favorite quick meal recipe. The curry sauce is robust, creamy, and delicious. You can use any
vegetables you like, but I’d recommend using what’s in your box!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 bunch chopped scallions
- 1 pound diced potatoes and/or sweet potatoes
- diced turnips or radishes, however many you have
- chopped bok choi leaves and stems
- any or all of some greens: chard, spinach, greens mix
- a little oil for cooking
- chives for garnish
1. In a large sauce pan, heat a small amount of oil and add your chopped onions. Allow them to saute until tender. Add the chopped tatsoi stems and cook another minute longer. Add the diced potatoes and turnips and continue to cook and stir for 5 minutes.
2. Next, add the can of coconut milk and bring to a slight boil. Add the curry paste and stir vigorously with a fork or whisk to allow the paste to melt into the coconut milk. Stir in the vegetable broth and fish sauce. Place a lid on the saucepan and allow to simmer until the potatoes are soft and the sauce has thickened. If you’d like it thicker, add a little cornstarch mixed with water.
3. After the potatoes are soft and thoroughly cooked, add the tatsoi leaves and stir in gently until they are wilted. Let simmer 1 more minute and then turn off the heat. The point is to wilt the leaves but not
4. This can be served over rice, quinoa, chow mein noodles, or as a stew with bread!