Submitted by CSA member Marge Larson
- 1 1/3 CUPS (packed) coarsely shredded peeled beets (from 2 medium)
- 1 cup coarsely shredded peeled carrots(from 2 medium)
- 1 cup thinly chopped leeks or 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup ﬂour
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Low fat sour cream (with dill optional)
Preheat oven to 300. Place baking sheet in oven. Combine beets, carrots and leeks or onions in large bowl. Mix in egg, salt and pepper. Add ﬂour; stir to blend well.
Heat 1 1/2 tbsp. oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Using 1/3 cup beet mixture for each pancake, drop 4 pancakes into the skillet. Flatten each into 3 inch round. Cook until brown and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes per side.
Transfer pancakes to baking sheet in oven; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beet mixture, making 4 more pancakes. Serve with sour cream.