Recipe Created by Chef Max Shapiro
This recipe is great if you are out numbered with cherry tomatoes. This a great side dish any time.
- 1 ½ lbs of green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked blk pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 ½ cups Cherry tomatoes cut in half
1. Place beans and water into a large sauté pan. Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer until tender, about 10 mins.
2. Drain beans, and set aside.
3. Heat a large sauté pan over med. heat. Melt butter. Add sugar, garlic salt, pepper, and basil, Stir.
4. Add tomatoes, and cook, stirring gently just until soft.
5. Pour the tomato mixture over beans and toss gently to blend.