From Eating Well
Serves 4; ready in about 20 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white-wine or rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot or onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
To prepare dressing: Heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add poppy seeds and toast, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl or jar, and let cool. Add oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, shallot, salt and pepper; whisk until blended.
To prepare beans: Cook beans in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain. Warm the dressing in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beans and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate dressing for up to 2 days.