Created by Chef Max Shapiro
This salad is a great side to almost any sandwich. I came up with this salad when I was the Chef at Deb and Lola’s Relish Deli in Madison. This was served with our marinaded grilled salmon BLT with roasted red pepper aioli.
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tsp Oriental sesame oil or peanut oil
- 3/4 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp minced fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp each coriander and cumin
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into thin matchstick strips
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into matchsticks strip
- salt to taste
In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, oil, vinegar, ginger, cumin, and coriander. Mix until well blended.
In a medium bowl combine cucumbers and red pepper. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss until well coated.
Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours, toss again before serving.