Created By Chef Max Shapiro
This is a wonderful way to make a unique summer side dish, or serve over rice for a main dish.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Mustard seed
- 1 Head Chinese cabbage (shredded)
- 1/8 tsp. Ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp. Chili Powder ( optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Shredded coconut ( preferably unsweetened)
1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add the Mustard seeds. Lower the heat and cover the skillet while the seeds are popping.
2. After popping has stopped, add shredded cabbage. Stir to coat. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Now add the turmeric, chili powder, coconut, and salt to taste. Mix well and simmer 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve warm by it self or over rice.