From A-Z cookbook
**You could do this with other kinds of squash as well.
- 1/2 Cup raw fresh cranberries
- 1 small apple, cored, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/2 Cup orange juice or apple cider
- 1 1/2 T. honey or maple syrup
- 1 T. melted butter
- pinch salt
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cranberries, apples, currants, orange juice, honey, butter and salt in a saucepan. Heat until berries are just tender. Place squash in ovenproof dish. Fill cavities with fruit. Cover dish and bake until squash is tender, about 35-45 minutes. Makes 4 servings.