From Kari Doherty
This is a nice salsa variation that highlights the seasons’ cucumbers. It will help you put your large, beautiful cucumbers to good use.
- 1 medium cucumber. chopped finely
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/2 of a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, cubed–optional
1. Pare and halve cucumber, remove seeds, discard, chop cucumber finely.
2. Mix cucumber, cabbage, onion, lime, red pepper flakes, cilantro, and avocado until well combined.