You’ll need: a medium-sized baking dish
- small potatoes, like reds (i used reds and yellows)
- one small leek, cut lengthwise in half, washed, and sliced 1/2″ thick
- olive oil
- kosher salt, sea salt, or some sort of
- coarse salt (table salt just won’t do)
- fresh ground pepper
- (if you want a little herb ﬂavor, grab a pinch of dried or fresh rosemary)
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
After washing and drying your potatoes, cut them in half or quarters, depending on size. Place the potatoes and leeks in the baking dish and drizzle on a generous amount of olive oil. Toss the veggies in the olive oil to evenly coat, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt, and grind a little black pepper over everything.
* Make sure the potatoes are lying in a single layer in the dish.
Place the dish, uncovered, in the top half of the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes and leeks ONE TIME. Roast for another 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and smelling delicious. Serve.