From Farmer John’s Cookbook
- 1⁄2 pound mushrooms
- 1⁄2 pound fresh linguini or other thin pasta
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1⁄2 t. salt
- 1/8 t. black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 t. chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1) Brush or brieﬂy wash the mushrooms and cut them into thick slices, including stems.
2) Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain well.
3) Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add leeks, salt and pepper; saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Cover; cook until the leeks are tender, about 5 more minutes.
4) Add the mushrooms and wine; gently simmer, uncovered, for 10 min.
5) Add the pasta and thyme to the mushroom mixture; toss well. Top with grated Parmesan.