Created by Chef Max Shapiro
This is one of my favorite Pizza’s to make when tomatoes and leeks are coming into season. To make it easier, I am putting in the recipe a pre-made crust. Now that we are in the dog days of summer I like to make mine on the grill. Hope this becomes one of your favorites.
- 1 Boboli type pizza crusts
- 1 ½ Tbsp Butter
- 2 med. Leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 3 oz. soft Goat cheese, or Feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet melt butter over med-low heat.
2. Add leeks and sauté until tender, about 5 to 10 mins.
3. Season with salt and Pepper.
4. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
5. Prep crust on a pan or pizza peel, spread leek mixture over prepared crust.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and red onion.
7. Top with crumbled Goat cheese.
8. Drizzle 1 Tbsp of Olive oil over pizza.
9. Bake at 425 degrees, for about 10 mins.
10. Remove from oven or grill and brush the crust with remaining olive oil.