Created by Chef Max Shapiro
This appetizer has made many catering menus that I have done. Easy fast and yummo. (This is not the Wooden Spoon Recipe for Bruschetta in case some of you are wondering–that one is still a little secret.)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- ½ cups chopped seeded tomato
- 2 Tbsp caper ( rinsed)
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced
Spray large skillet with olive oil. Heat over medium heat until hot.
Add onions and cook 5 minutes stirring often. Stir in tomatoes, capers, and cracked pepper. Cook 5 more minutes.
In a small bowl combine garlic and olive oil, mix well.
Brush garlic oil onto french bread slices, and top with tomato onion mixture. Top with cheese.
Place slices onto cookie sheet . Broil 3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve.