Farm Employee, Olga, shared her scone recipe with us!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom spice (optional)
- 11 Tablespoons grated salted butter, super chilled or pop in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups fine chopped rhubarb (fresh)
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 small to medium fresh strawberries, mashed
Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and cardamom. Blend with a spoon till combined. Cut in the cold butter with the back of a spoon for just a few seconds. Add the cold cream, mix till just combined. Stir in rhubarb. Don’t over mix.
Gather it up in the bowl and move to a floured work surface. Pat out into a rectangle, 11 inches in length and 1/2-3/4 inch thick. Work briskly and don’t over work. Slice down the middle of the dough lengthwise and then cut each side into triangles. Place them on the prepared baking sheet a few inches apart. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a cook rack.
Make the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and mashed berries together to make a glaze. Brush the scones with the glaze using a pastry brush. Dust with sanding sugar, if desired. Serve. Store leftovers in a covered container.