By Cherie Soria
Yield 1 1/2 cups (3 servings)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari (soy sauce)
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Put the cucumbers in a large bowl and sprinkle them with the salt. Set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Drain the cucumbers and squeeze out the excess liquid using your hands.
3. Add the lime juice, agave, and tamari, and toss. Allow the mixture to marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.