Created by Chef Max Shapiro
This is one of my favorite fall veggie dishes, it’s fast, hot and very filling. I also like to take this to Packer parties and use it as a hot dip for chips.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups chopped red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 ½ Tbsp mustard ( yellow or brown)
- 1 can (15oz) kidney beans, or chili beans,
- rinsed, drained, and slightly mashed
- 2 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 11/2 tsp cider vinegar
In large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
Add carrots, onions, garlic, and pepper, sauté for about 5 minutes.
Stir in ketchup and mustard.
Now add beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder. Stir and cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add vinegar and stir well.
(If mixture becomes to dry and more vinegar)