Created by Max Shapiro
This is a quick and easy side dish for the summer–great for potluck cookouts.
- 10 to 12 new potatoes (1 pound)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 tsp. All-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp. Prepared horseradish.
- 1 Tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
1. Scrub potato thoroughly, cut potatoes in halves or Quarters. In a large saucepan cook potatoes in a small amount of boiling water, for about 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
2. For sauce, cook the onion in butter till tender in a small saute pan. Stir in the flour, pepper, and 1/8 tsp. Salt . Add milk all at once. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in mustard and horseradish. Pour sauce over potatoes, tossing to coat. Garish with chopped parsley. Serve.