From the Moosewood Cookbook
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh whole green beans, trimmed
- 1 C. thinly sliced onion
- 10-12 medium cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 T. balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 C. lightly toasted pine nuts
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a large baking tray with olive oil
2) Spread the green beans, onions, and garlic cloves on the tray and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper
3) Bake for 20 minutes, intermittently stirring or shaking the tray. Taste a green bean to see if it’s as tender as you like it. If not, put it back in for another 5 or 10 minutes.
4) Remove from oven; transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with vinegar, and possibly grind in some additional black pepper. Serve at any temperature, topped with lightly toasted pine nuts.