Created by Chef Max Shapiro
This quick dish tastes best at room temperature, so make it ﬁrst and let it cool while you prepare the rest of your meal. I like to make this dish with steaks on the grill.
- 1 to 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 4 scallions (greens and whites) or 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 each red, yellow, purple, and green pepper, cut into stripes (you have purple and green in your box this week)
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash, sliced thin on a diagonal cut
- 3 tsp. Capers, drained and rinsed ( optional)
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the onions and pepper strips, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the squash and cook until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. Serve warm or at room temperature.