From The New Moosewood Cookbook
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 ½ C. cottage cheese
- 1 C. ﬁrm yogurt
- 1 T. butter
- 2 C. chopped onion
- ¾ to 1 t. salt
- 1 t. caraway seeds
- 1 small head green or red cabbage, shredded (about 6 C.)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 4-5 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. dried dill (3 T. fresh dill)
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- Sunﬂower seeds and paprika for topping
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 2 qt. casserole.
Cut potatoes into small pieces and boil until mashable; drain; mash potatoes adding cottage cheese and yogurt.
Sauté onion and salt in butter for 5 minutes. Add caraway seeds and cabbage; sauté, covered, 10 minutes. Add carrots, garlic and dill. Cook 5 minutes and remove from heat.
Add the sautéed vegetables and all remaining ingredients to the mashed potatoes; mix; spread into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with sunﬂower seeds and paprika on top.
Bake 35-45 minutes.