This would be just as tasty without broccoli or substituted with other things from your box like peas and garlic scapes.
The amounts of veggies are not super specific because that is just the way I cook. I just cut up everything I have and throw it in there. The objective is to eat the CSA box, so just put it all in there!
For the pasta:
- 1/2 box of pasta- whatever fun shape you like
- 2 summer squash or zucchini, cut in half and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of scallions
- butter to fry the veggies
- salt and pepper
(Throw whatever you’d like in there- kohlrabi, Chinese cabbage, peas- whatever you feel like.)
Saute the squash, broccoli and scallions until tender. Season everything with salt and pepper. Toss the cooked veggies with your cooked pasta.
For the dressing:
I found this recipe on finecooking.com by Peter Berley. That is my go-to recipe resource when I need ideas for, say, how to dress my pasta salad!
- 1-1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh, finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 Tbs. red- or white-wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put the basil, olive oil, Parmigiano, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and lemon zest in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the dressing with the pasta and veggies and garnish with a few cherry tomatoes and some Parmesan cheese. It is delicious and uses all sorts of stuff from your box!