From The New Moosewood Cookbook
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 C. minced onion
- 6 C. diced eggplant (1 large or 2 small)
- 1 t. salt
- Lots of black pepper
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, minced
- 1 C. lightly toasted almonds, minced
- 1 packed C. grated Jack cheese (or a similar mild
- white cheese)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 batch Mexican Red sauce
Sauté onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add eggplant, salt, and pepper; cover and cook 10 minutes over medium heat until the eggplant is soft. Add garlic and bell pepper. Cook 5-8 minutes more or until pepper is just tender.
Remove from heat; stir in almonds and cheese.
Moisten each tortilla brieﬂy in water, then place ¼ C. of the ﬁlling on one side and roll up. Gently place in a baking dish. Pour a batch of the sauce over the top. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes at 350.