Created By Chef Max Shapiro
This dish can stand alone as a light meal served with a salad or it can be served as a side to any main entree.
- 1 large carrot, grated coarsely
- 1 large russet potato, or 3 to 4 red potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. A-P flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. dried Thyme or 1⁄2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly cracked black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the carrot, potatoes, flour, egg, thyme, salt, and pepper. Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. (I like to use a cast iron skillet–it’s much more even heat.)
2. Drop a 1/4 cup amount of mixture in skillet, flatten with a spoon and cook about 3 minutes, then flip and cook about 3 more minutes. Drain on paper towel and serve. I like to garnish the pancakes with sour cream or apple sauce.